The Library is Open
- Reduced hours: M,W,F 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., T,Th 1 -5 p.m.
- Limit of 7 people (including staff).
- Please do not enter the library if you are sick or have any of the symptoms of COVID-19. We will be happy to serve you through virtual resources or Curbside Pickup.
- The first hour each day is reserved for high risk individuals.
- Please wear a face mask, use hand sanitizer upon entering, and practice social distancing.
- Please, complete your business with minimal socialization and go to allow others to use the library.
- Curbside Pickup is available.
- Reservations can be made to use the photocopier or a public computer.
- We will continue to provide digital resources on our website at: https://bruceal.org and WiFi access in the parking lot. If you don’t have a regular library card from a MORE-member library and you’re a Wisconsin resident, you can get an e-card to use MORE’s shared electronic resources here: https://www.more.lib.wi.us/selfreg
- There will be no in-person programs or meetings in the library at this time.
- Statewide Interlibrary loan is not available although a photocopy may be available.
These precautions were implemented with the safety of the public and our staff in mind and are subject to change based on the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and the Rusk County Public Health Department.
- available by appointment starting April 27
- request items online (see directions below)
- call or email to schedule your pickup appointment
- wifi is available in the parking lot
Request books to pickup at the Bruce Area Library:
- Go to the MORE Catalog: more.lib.wi.us and log in
- Enter a search term (remember, “movies” and “books” are valid keyword search terms)
- Select the “Available Now” filter on the left side to expand it
- Select Bruce as the pickup library
- Search results will be limited to titles available and holdable at Bruce
Tip: to exclude ebooks and audiobooks, open the “Titles I can…” filter and select “Borrow and take home”
- Select “Place a Hold” and verify your pickup library is Bruce
Tip: Turn on “Active Filters” so subsequent searches retain limits
How To Request Items for Pickup at the Bruce Area Library
click to play…